Job Description: The Order of the Arrow Troop Representative is a youth liaison serving between the local OA lodge or chapter and his troop. In his troop he serves serves as a communication and programmatic link to the Arrowman and adult leaders and who are not presently members of the Order. He does this in a fashion that strengthens the mission of the lodge and purpose of the Order. By setting a good example, he enhances the image of the Order as a service arm to his troop.
Reports to: OA Chapter Vice Chief OA Troop Representative
OA Rep Duties:
1. Serves as a communication link between the lodge or chapter and the troop.
2. Encourages year round and resident camping in the troop.
3. Encourages older Scout participation in high adventure programs.
4. Encourages Scouts to actively participate in community service projects.
5. Assists with leadership skills training in the troop.
6. Encourages Arrowmen to assume leadership positions in the troop.
7. Encourages Arrowmen in the troop to be active participants in the lodge and/or chapter activities and to seal their membership in the Order by becoming Brotherhood members.
8. Sets a good example.
9. Enthusiastically wears the Scout uniform correctly.
10. Lives by the Scout Oath and Law, as well as the OA Obligation.
11. Shows Scout spirit.